When deciding which university to attend for the next four years, it really is therefore valuable to visit the educational school you are considering, if possible. I remember visiting lots of schools throughout the springtime of my senior year and trying to imagine myself as a pupil for each campus. Just What would we eat at the dining hall? Where would my classes be located? Whom would my classmates, roommates, and friends be? for me personally, it finally clicked when I found a campus that i possibly could truly see myself doing all of the things and more and nevertheless be myself. I encourage all of our admitted students to take benefit of our admitted student programs throughout this month that is next try to envision what your USC experience might be like.
Even though the National Candidate Reply Date is not until might 1, we curently have pupils asking, ‘Where do we sign the dotted line to attend USC?’ If (and hopefully when) you decide to come to USC, here’s an outline regarding the steps that are next becoming a full-fledged Trojan:
- Submit your Enrollment Commitment form and $300 deposit online at USConnect.usc.edu.
- Apply for educational funding, if you haven’t already. Look at the Financial Aid section of our web site to get more information on how to apply for educational funding.
- Submit your Housing application by might 1! Housing assignments are made based on the date you submitted your application, thus you’ve got a better chance to getting the type of housing you want the sooner you apply. Even if you are perhaps not 100% sure you are coming to USC next year, you are able to submit the housing application and $45 fee to put on your spot in line.
- Register to attend Orientation over the summertime. Orientation is a chance that is great spending some time on campus learning about the resources, facilities, and opportunities you will have access to as an undergraduate. You’ll meet other admitted students and you will additionally sign up for courses with an advisor that is academic. You shall be able to sign up for an Orientation program 5 7 business days after you distribute your commitment deposit.
- Forward in your last school that is high and AP/IB exam outcomes. USC awards university credit for most AP examinations with a rating of 4 or 5. USC also grants credit for every single score of 5, 6 or 7 on the IB advanced level exams. See our Office of Articulation website to see exactly what kind of credit USC funds for the AP that is various and exams.
When you have questions which are not covered in your admission packet or on our blog or website, please contact your admission counselor. We are pleased to help answr fully your concerns and can’t wait to welcome you to USC!
USC: A Global Experience
USC prides itself on being a ‘Global University,’ but just what does which means that?
For starters, we’ve more international students than any private institution in the nation (15% in last year’s freshman class!). We genuinely believe that having students from different countries around the globe contributes to a learning that is positive by permitting for various viewpoints and views to be highlighted in the class.
Certain courses by themselves are even designed around providing students with the opportunity to interact with students from other countries. A top Mexican university, as well as hear lectures by Mexican scholars via special videoconferencing software for example, Professor Pamela Starr in the Dornsife College teaches a class called International Relations 366: Mexico and its Relations with the U.S. In this course, USC students work collaboratively (via Skype) with students from ITAM.
USC additionally ranks sixth within the nation for sending students abroad. You can expect 54 programs in 29 countries, on every continent except Antarctica (perhaps someday!) Students can go abroad for a whole year for a complete immersion, or just for a semester. If you do not want to remain away from USC for too much time, we additionally offer many summer programs. As an example, freshmen in the Marshall School of company have the opportunity to meet leaders in international business by traveling abroad for a program that is 10-daypast destinations have included Shanghai, Beijing, Taiwan, and Argentina) through the LINC Program, and Dornsife pupils can enhance their Spanish language abilities by spending a summer living with a host family and taking courses in Madrid, Spain. For more information about abroad programs, please visit our Office of Overseas Studies website.
Students can also do research abroad through programs such as for example Problems Without Passports. Problems Without Passports provides students aided by the possibility to combine research that is inquiry-based international travel. For a weeks that are few students will stay on-campus and investigate a concern that is worldwide in scope. They then travel to the area they are researching, letting them round out their learning with hands-on breakthrough. This summer, Problems Without Passports programs are shmoop paper writing websites on offer in Rwanda, Brazil, and Cairo, merely to name a couple of!
In addition to study abroad opportunities, Trojans can feel connected around the global world with our 20 alumni workplaces overseas. Most recently, we have exposed an office in Sao Paolo, Brazil, where we’ve already started to increase brazilian researchers to our collaboration. With more than 300,000 living alumni worldwide, USC will only carry on to expand its global presence.
As we become an increasingly globalized society, it is imperative that our students face various countries, along with obtaining the possibility to experience those cultures first-hand. We may be called the University of Southern California, but we’re truly a place that is global!